Job Title: CNC Machinist
Reports To: CNC Department Manager/Lead Operator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Last Revision Date: 02/09
Ability to setup and make program edits on both CNC Lathes and Mills. Perform trouble shooting of any situation and display the ability to optimize machine performance improving part quality and reducing cycle time and setup time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Optimizing machine performance, improving part quality and reducing cycle and setup time.
- Pre-staging setup.
- Evaluate programs prior to running.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned by CNC Department Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability.
- Technical college background preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of the Quality Management System
- 4 years of on the job training
- Ability to interpret prints proficiently.
- Display a professional command of the use of measuring tools.
- Professional knowledge of CNC Lathe & Mill controllers and tooling.
- Ability to give detailed instructions to operators.
- Must display an excellent knowledge of multiple pallets and work coordinated systems as they apply to existing CNC machines.
- Ability to analyze processes and provide solutions to problems while working on reducing setup and cycle times.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for a minimum of ten to 13 (10-13) hours per shift
- Must have dexterous use of both hands
Maintain a working environment in dept consistent with company policies